Friday, May 20, 2011

Pre-Rapture's Eve or J-Day minus 2

It would be just like Jesus to actually select the timing of His Second Coming in Judgment to be on the very day that Harold Camping has predicted for the "rapture." I posted a link this morning to a great article discussing the theological problems of the rapture and dispensationalism.  There is plenty more I can add to the pile, but let's get back to my original thesis.

The scripture says that no one will know when the day is coming, and it will come like a thief in the night.  Who will suspect the Second Coming on or just after Harold Camping's prediction?  It is the ideal time.  Personally, I think that for theological closure, it should be a Sunday.  I also think that the bursted dispensational bubbles from Saturday will be completely unsuspecting of a Sunday event.  It is perfect.

Keep in mind that I'm not talking about a rapture.  The Bible talks about a Second Coming in Judgment, not a bunch of theologically silly events leading up to a Second Coming after which there is still another revolt against the returned Christ from post judgment people, people who passed judgment.  I am talking about Judgment Day.  The big one.  The Last Day.

So, wouldn't it be cool if Jesus planned it all for Sunday?  I'm ready, but I'm not holding my breath.  OK, yes, I am.  Talk to you again on Monday...maybe.

--Ogre--

No comments:

Post a Comment