Thursday, February 17, 2011

Future series


After listening to some ideas, I’ve decided upon two series that I will probably run simultaneously.  I am doing these simultaneously because this will keep both series moving and more interesting.

The first series will be called Building Blocks.  As much as I am trying to make my words as accessible to everyone as possible, I’m still getting feedback that either implies a lack of understanding of my points, or overtly states a lack of understanding of a point.  I know that no one is replying to me on the blog, but I’ve been getting verbal and email responses about almost every post.  Thank you for those words as they sustain me and give me the belief that this effort is worth continuing.  The Building Blocks series will be taking key vocabulary words and Biblical doctrines and devoting a whole article to them with the goal being to see if I can get that one part right.  After we get enough Building Blocks, we’ll start putting them into larger pictures to see how they fit.

The second series will be called The Heretics.  The reason for this series is that it is often most instructive in figuring out what is correct to examine what is incorrect.  We will look at the views of each heretic, focusing on the particular issues that caused problems in the church.  We will also look at their modern theological reincarnations.  My point will be to show that much of what is modern and new, is actually ancient and wrong.  This will help crystallize what we can say that is correct about each issue and the Gospel.

I hope that these two series are enjoyable.  If you have ideas for other topics, Troll is always under the bridge, even if Ogre isn’t.

--Troll--  and  --Ogre--

No comments:

Post a Comment