Sunday, April 3, 2011

First blog milestone

I thought I would hit 100 posts before I got to 1000 page views.  This will not be the case.  The implication as to readership is interesting.  First, people are following the links, which increases page count.  Secondly, the readership has expanded on particular topics outside of the original expectation.  As this first milestone is reached with this post, I thought I would review my stated goals and self critique based upon feedback that I have received.

I stated in the first post, that I wanted to be presenting reformed positions and arguments.  I think that I have been faithful to that position.  In the discussions that have been generated off blog, there seems to have been a loss of touch with this mission statement by those whose would argue a point.  If you do not agree with a position, declaring the reformed position wrong is not particularly helpful.  What has been my hope is that by laying out the scriptural grounding of each position, there might be some understanding of why I would find the reformation thinkers appealing and correct.  Some discussions have been rather good, while others have been rather regrettable.

Therefore, as I head into the second quarter, I wanted to restate the goals of the blog and invite more direct discussion.  The topics in progress are Building blocks, which is a very broad topic into which many other topics will be nested, the five points of Calvinism, which is nearly concluded, the Heretics, which has two more rather key pieces to produce, and the BioLogos series on Calvinism and Genesis 1-2.  Topics that will be started in the near future are the Five Solas of the Reformation, and walks through the reformed documents, confessions and doctrines, looking at what being Protestant used to mean.

Finally, thanks to those who have read these pieces, and thanks to those who send emails and comment.  Ogre, Troll and I have enjoyed the first thousand looks under the bridge and we promise not to bite for the next thousand…maybe….

--Troll and Ogre--

No comments:

Post a Comment